2 March 2017
To synchronize your web-site's minerals you need to make a CSV file available on your server, containing information about your minerals. You can create this any modern spreadsheet application, or if you have a database-driven website it isn't hard to create this file automatically from your database.
MINFIND will read this CSV file four times a day and process it as follows:
- New specimens will be added to MINFIND
- Specimens that are on MINFIND, but not in the CSV file, will be removed from MINFIND
- Prices that have dropped will be reclassified as discounted specimens.
Example CSV file: Click here
Here is a list of the fields required in the CSV file.
|Reference*||Your unique specimen ID. Can be a number or alphanumeric.|
|URL*||Full URL of the page on your website where the specimen can be purchased (must include http://)|
|Name*||Specimen title - mineral names must be included in this, for example "Dioptase on Calcite"|
|Locality*||Locality name, ideally in format with country at end, eg Tsumeb Mine, Otavi, Namibia. Please add USA if necessary|
|Mindat Locality||If you know which mindat locality ID matches your locality, add it here, or zero if not known.|
|Description*||Full text description for the specimen. Carriage returns should be replaced with ^p.|
|Price *||Price of specimen, currency symbols optional (but only one currency, your primary, should be used).|
|Width*||Width in mm. At least one dimension. If the specimen is a Micro, then specify M.|
|Height*||Height in mm, zero if not known.|
|Depth*||Depth in mm, zero if not known.|
|Weight||Weight in grams, or zero if not known.|
|Photo 1*||First photo of specimen (one photo is required), URL for image on your website.|
|Photo 2||Additional photo of the specimen as a URL for the image to your website.|
|Photo 3||Additional photo of the specimen as a URL for the image to your website.|
|Photo 4||Additional photo of the specimen as a URL for the image to your website.|
|Photo 5||Additional photo of the specimen as a URL for the image to your website.|
|Photo 6||Additional photo of the specimen as a URL for the image to your website.|
|Photo 7||Additional photo of the specimen as a URL for the image to your website.|
|Photo 8||Additional photo of the specimen as a URL for the image to your website.|
|Photo 9||Additional photo of the specimen as a URL for the image to your website.|
|Photo 10||Additional photo of the specimen as a URL for the image to your website.|
|minID||The minID allocated to this specimen. If none, MINFIND will create one.|
|Discounted Price||Specify only if have you reduced the price from the original price.|
- Use a comma to delimit columns in your CSV file.
- If any of your fields include comma's then inject quotes into your text on both sides.
- Once your CSV file is ready, please specify the URL location in the dealer admin portal.
- For added security you can add a password. Specify this password in the dealer admin portal.
- Mandatory fields marked with a * - others may be replaced with 0, but all columns must be included.
- Virtual CSV files are preferable. Your web-site creates the CSV file as and when MINFIND polls the URL provided.
- Use character set UTF-8 to ensure compatibility with MINFIND.
- Be careful not to write more than 10 images to the CSV file, because this will break the import.
- There is no limitation on the image size that MINFIND can handle. MINFIND will automatically render the image for the user's particular screen size. Upload hi-res images to ensure maximum zoom capacity.
- Do not include HTML as part of your Description or Title.